It’s Black Friday! Here are Safety Tips while Shopping Online
We happily look forward to these days where we get amazing discount on goods, but scammers are out in full force during the holiday shopping period.
By ALABI ABDULHAFEEZ
This is a rare opportunity to get those items or household appliance you have always craved at discounted prices with different payment methods available. Buy fashion clothing, mobile phones, tablets, electronics, home appliances and more at prices you will love.
- Use a Secure browser: Some features of some secured browsers are: Adblock, removing malware ads and substantially increasing browser speed, anti-phishing security, an added layer of protection against phishing scams, anti-tracking security, preventing data brokers from tracking and selling your personal data, preventing rogue sites from accessing your webcam and microphone without permission
- Compare prices
- Shop on their official website/secure sites. Before you make any purchases, be sure the website has a closed padlock in the browser bar or a URL beginning with “https.”
- Use one credit card for all online purchases
- Do not store payment information– most at times, our browser always asks us to save these details for future use.
- Shop familiar brands and steer clear of “too good to be true” deals. Scammers are out in full force during the holiday shopping period.
- Stay anonymous by using a VPN– Encrypts your Internet connection for true online privacy.